On this episode of In The Circle, we have the honor of sitting with Amy Elizabeth, who is posing a very profound question for us—How can I tell the difference between my will and God’s will for me, and how can I know the difference between pushing forward with my ego versus pushing forward as a call to my purpose?
These are important questions for anybody on a path of recovery, and naturally, this is going to be a profoundly spiritual inquiry, which is critically important to the human experience. In the reality where there is a higher power we can tap into, where does this higher power begin and where do we end? We need to remember that this higher power is not a distant force, but one that is deeply intertwined with our very being.
It’s when we align with this divine energy that we can usher in a sense of flow, even if life remains punctuated with challenges. That being said, there’s much to be learned, not only from our moments of success when we feel aligned, but also in times of grief and sadness. We must introspect on these insights and consider how they might apply to our own lives.
The path of recovery is nothing more than a study of life.
– Tommy Rosen, In The Circle Podcast
- The complexities of understanding and differentiating between personal will (our desires and actions) and divine will (a higher power’s intention)
- Why recovery starts as a discipline
- Why therapy is not just for those who can’t figure out their relationships but for anyone seeking growth
- The reason turning inward for self-inquiry can help align with a greater intelligence
- The idea that God is not separate from us but is part of us and everything else
Addiction is Part of Everyone’s Journey, But Recovery is Not.
The Recovery 2.0 Membership is a place where you can explore the topics that interest you, find community, and connect with Tommy Rosen on a personal level. It’s here that we’ll dig into spirituality and union of the mind, body, and spirit, and transform from the inside out. You will learn and grow alongside a community of supportive, conscious, compassionate, and vibrant individuals, like you!
Join us at r20.com/welcome to explore how to move beyond addiction and thrive in your life.