Today, we have the most incredible inquiry from Dane who expresses a very deep fear, one which everyone who gets sober and steps into recovery has experienced. He asks… Now that I’m sober, will I lose connection with the friends who I used to party with?
With great honesty, Dane shares that he has hid his recovery from many of his friends because he does not want them to know about it, wondering… How do I tell them about my recovery?
Here, we get to explore one of the big challenges of getting sober. The fears of not fitting in, of not having a tribe, and not being connected are primal and very real. Dane’s powerful inquiry has us look at strategies for relating to people. As we transition into recovery, we learn about the necessity to listen to our own heart and stay true to the vision of what we are to become.
We are all interdependent social creatures. We need a tribe.
– Tommy Rosen, In The Circle Podcast
- Dane asks about the viability of old friendships
- How our actions and ideas cultivate our environments
- Who will hang out with me if I’m sober?
- Making the conscious decision to change
- Being open and honest with your friends
- Tommy’s personal experiences with social groups
- It will be awkward, difficult – but it will be worth it
Addiction is Part of Everyone’s Journey, But Recovery is Not.
The Recovery 2.0 Membership is a place where you can explore the topics that interest you, find community, and connect with Tommy Rosen on a personal level. It’s here that we’ll dig into spirituality and union of the mind, body and spirit, and transform from the inside out. You will learn and grow alongside a community of supportive, conscious, compassionate and vibrant individuals, like you!
Join us at r20.com/welcome to explore how to move beyond addiction and thrive in your life.